Saturday 16 October 2010

Vis Com. Project 3 (13th Oct - 15th Oct)

In the last few days of the week, i have been finalizing my idea...At first, as seen on the last post, i want to make a sequence of posters...but after having a few chats with the tutors....i think this time i should go for something 3D instead of sticking to 2D....3D is much more visualize than 2D product...

MY MESSAGE TO MY FRIEND: STOP SMOKING IN FRONT OF ME, IT WILL CAUSE ME AN ASTHMA ATTACK
I start by the asthma inhaler that i used...and linked it with a package of cigarettes..after a few sketches...i found it would be interesting to make a inhaler out of cigarettes and the boxes...
In the very first, i made a inhaler out of the box and a few cigarettes..which in this part, i want to give a hint to my friend...about my pain of using the inhaler every day...while she is smoking...
The second part, i made the message a bit more clear by using only cigarettes to make the inhaler...and because i can't light the cigars indoor....i use some painted wire to pretend to be the smoke...

The last part might seems a bit weird, it is a inhaler made out of wires and a bottle of medicine that i normally take...i painted some of it red...to show it is kind of painful for me...because the medicine tastes like SH*T...and it is like forcing me to take it everyday...
I made some background for the inhalers too....i made the first one with loads of anti-smoking slogans covering my message...the second one...i put lesser anti-smoking slogans with my message...the last one...i made my message very clear in bold and red with only a few anti-smoking slogans....


EVALUATION:
After i finish the project....the tutor give me some advice....they told me it is better for me to put a real inhaler beside the inhaler i made, it is better for understanding of the message...Secondly...the background of the inhaler is too irritating and audience cannot focus on the inhaler...so it would be much better without the background....and this make the message more straight forward...
the following photo is showing the inhalers without the background:

No comments:

Post a Comment