Tuesday 22 March 2011

Final Major Project: Week three (Design) (7th March – 12th March)(291 words)


This week, I mainly focus on my design sketchbook. I have spent quite a lot of time to refer back to my research sketchbook, materials sketchbook and investigation (flat pack) sketchbook.
             I found it is very important that there is a connection between what I researched and what I designed. Before I start designing the final product, I listed a few rules that I hope my design included and they are: Flat pack, water resistant, wash different kinds of laundry (at least 3 of color clothing, white clothing, delicate clothing, underwear/bras and beddings), light to carry, strong enough to carry at least 2.5 kg of clothing.
            I think all my researching; investigating and experimenting have help me a lot in sketching basic simple sketched designs on my design book. At last I came out with 15 rough designs for my final product on my design book.  But here comes the problems, I am starting to think about the materials that are needed for most of my design cannot be found easily, since most of the materials I need are not retail sold and are mostly used in industrial design instead, I have search online and go to different kinds of material shops but still I can’t find the right materials that I want. Because of this I am thinking of making a full-scale prototype instead of a real final product. I am thinking of using materials that I can find to substitute the materials that I can’t find or too expensive to buy.
            To wrap up this week work, I think I did enough as a week. I need to focus more on detailed drawings/sketches, making sketched models and came out with a design outcome for my final product next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment